A new study has found that more and more parents sing their children to sleep with modern pop songs like RIHANNA'S "Umbrella" than old-school lullabies like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". In a survey of 2,000 parents, the #1 modern song to sing is "Just the Way You Are" by BRUNO MARS.
Half of the 2,000 parents who were surveyed preferred singing relatively current rock and pop songs to their kids . . . with only 15% favoring old lullabies and nursery rhymes.
Almost eight in 10 parents say they do sing to their kids . . . with 64% saying they "usually" sing a contemporary song. 45% say they do it because the song is stuck in their head.
20% of the parents admitted it's because they know more of the words to modern songs than nursery rhymes . . . while a little over 5% claimed they don't know ANY traditional children's songs.
So what are these parents singing? The top 5 songs are:
1. "Just the Way You Are", by Bruno Mars
2. "Someone Like You", by Adele
3. "Umbrella", by Rihanna
4. "Angels", by Robbie Williams . . . Remember, this was a European survey.
5. "Diamonds", by Rihanna
6. "Sweet Child O' Mine", by Guns 'N Roses
7. "Wonderwall", by Oasis
8. "I Knew You Were Trouble", by Taylor Swift
9. "Beautiful", by Christina Aguilera
10. "All About You", by McFly . . . Again, European survey.