1. Pack good-for-you snacks. Taking healthy snacks with you (especially for the plane). Plan ahead and try and stick to your schedule (no eating out of boredom).
2. Eat Local Foods. Especially those that specialize in fresh ingrediants. Try something new too. You aren't always inclined to eat more when trying new foods.
3. Enjoy ONE treat a day. No need to be hard on yourself. Instead, allow one indulgence a day -- and make it count.
4. Keep moving with fun activities. Whatever sports, walks, or other "get out and go" things there are to do in the area, check them out. Keep moving! But make sure it's doing something you enjoy, whether that's splashing in a pool or dancing. Rather than taking one of those sight-seeing buses, try exploring on foot.
5. Try to keep up your fitness routine. You don't have to hit it hard but try and stay active. If you're a runner then go for a run. If there's some fun 5k's where you're going then try to do one of those.
6. Slow down. Staying physically active is important, but relaxing is, too. When you relax and lower your stress level it's easier to drop the pounds.
VIA The Stir